The Florida Department of Citrus today released a video highlighting some of women’s most common unglamorous moments. The video, titled “Grapefruit Guide to Glamorous Moments font color="#0000FF">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIAF0Wx34B8
” was pulled from the “Grapefruit Guide to Glamorous Moment’s Poll font color="#0000FF">http://www.gofloridagrapefruit.com/newsroom/
> ” which sheds light on when women feel most pressured to look their best and how they prepare for key life events.
The value women place on looking good appears to be skin deep. According to the survey, three out of four American women age 25-54 feel it is most important to look their best for a job interview, while 69 percent said they want to look best for their “I do’s.” Other important moments calling for optimal beauty included: friends’ weddings (47 percent), a first date (45 percent) and class reunions (32 percent), followed by holiday parties and a night out, which tied (at 29 percent).
Carrie Latt Wiatt, nutrition consultant to Hollywood’s elite, works daily with celebrities like Stacy Ferguson “Fergie” and other red carpet beauties to ensure their bodies are always camera-ready for high-profile events. Wiatt believes women can achieve many of their desired health and beauty goals by following a balanced and portion-controlled eating regimen font color="#0000FF">http://www.gofloridagrapefruit.com/recipes/> and healthy lifestyle that is easy to maintain year round.
“Instead of crash-dieting before an event or pursuing quick-fix treatments, women can help to beautify themselves from head-to-toe by selecting nutrient-dense foods and beverages at each meal,” says Wiatt, author of Eating by Design: The Individualized Food Personality Type Nutrition Plan and Portion Savvy. “By maintaining a healthy lifestyle which includes physical activity and choosing the right mix of foods day-to- day, you can increase your chances for success in achieving benefits like a healthy weight, reduced risk for disease, shiny, healthy hair, and smooth skin. This lifestyle also helps you sustain results over time.”
Wiatt provides these tips to help women practice a balanced eating regimen, which can help them achieve many of their top beauty and health goals font color="#0000FF">http://www.gofloridagrapefruit.com/health-beauty-benefits/> :
· FILL UP ON FIBER. Dietary fiber can also help keep you feeling full for longer. An entire medium grapefruit has 4 grams of dietary fiber, some of which is soluble fiber (pectin), which helps support healthy cholesterol levels. Enjoy half a grapefruit for breakfast and another half after your evening workout.
· PREPARE YOUR PORTIONS. Be mindful of portions by downsizing dishes at home. Measure correct portions the first time, so you have a visual blueprint in your mind.
· SHAKE UP SNACK TIME. Eating well is all about flavor, texture and variety. For an energizing afternoon snack, try pairing a fruit or vegetable you love with a serving of walnuts to add protein, omega-3 fatty acids and a satisfying crunch.
· EAT YOUR WAY TO GREAT SKIN. Your overall diet and health regimen may contribute to smooth, supple skin. The vitamin C found in Florida grapefruit font color="#0000FF">http://www.gofloridagrapefruit.com/about-grapefruit/
> and 100 percent grapefruit juice supports collagen production to help keep skin looking youthful, glowing and picture-perfect ready for whatever the day throws your way. Collagen breakdown in the skin may contribute to the appearance of wrinkles.
· EAT SMARTER. To regulate caloric intake, practice mindful eating instead of automatic eating. First, consult your brain: are you feeling hunger or boredom? Second, wait five to ten minutes after experiencing diet- derailing cravings to see if they pass. Finally, when it’s mealtime, take your time and monitor for satiety – then stop when you are satisfied.
For more tips from Wiatt and information on the “Grapefruit Guide to Glamorous Moments Poll,” visit www.GoFloridaGrapefruit.com font color="#0000FF">http://www.GoFloridaGrapefruit.com> .