Do you love popcorn? So do we!
Here are very fun recipes with popcorn that you can do with kids courtesy of popcorn.org. Your kids will love making Thanksgiving-inspired snacks and they are also fun for gifts for teachers and others who are special in your kids' lives.
Cranberry-Relish Popcorn Balls
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 10-ounce package (1 cup) frozen cranberry-orange relish
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- Combine all ingredients, except popcorn, in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and cook to 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Mixture will bubble up in pan, so watch to keep from boiling over.
- Pour slowly onto hot popcorn and mix until well-coated.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until mixture can easily be formed into balls.
- Butter hands and form into 3-inch balls
Cranberry-Orange Caramel Corn
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and orange juice concentrate over medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in extract and baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour syrup mixture over popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well. Spread evenly in a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. Stir caramel corn as it cools on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
Maple Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice mix over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling.
- Stir in butter until melted and well blended.
- Add pecans, if desired, and popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Allow mixture to cool before serving. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.