This year we have tried some very, very delicious organic vegan foods as well as an Icelandic yogurt that is absolutely dreamy. One of the foodie trends that is gaining momentum and hitting the mainstream is plant-based foods. For the holidays we have curated a few breakfast foods that will have your guests asking where did you get it and they won’t believe they’re vegan. And, of course, we have a product for those who still love very decadent dairy products.
- Sepoli Datehini: One of 2022’s best organic, vegan spreads Datehini is perfect to spread on bagels, toast, and pancakes or even to use in sauces and baked goods. Coming in original, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors the spreads are made of only two ingredients: tahini and Medjool dates. We used cinnamon Datehini to make cinnamon rolls and they were amazingly good. Buy at www.sepoli.com.
- Parma! Vegan Parmesan: Parma! bills itself as a parmesan substitute, but it’s far better than that. We’ve tried all six flavors and put Parma! on everything from salads to pasta to boiled eggs and popcorn. We cannot express to you how delicious it is! It’s so, so good! Parma! is nut-free and incredibly flavorful. Our absolute favorite flavors are chipotle cayenne, jalapeno bacon, and garlicy green Parma! For breakfast, we add Parma! to omelets and breakfast salads. Buy at www.eatparma.com/shop.
- Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese: There is nothing like a warm bagel in the morning. If you are vegan, but still love the flavor of cream cheese there is a new sunflower alternative on the market. We tried all of the Spero flavors. smoked salmon, original, herb, goat cheese, and cheddar. We love the smoked salmon the most and the goat cheese tastes uncannily like dairy goat cheese. We have no idea how they managed to do that, but it’s incredible. Buy locally at Fresh Market.
- Organic Skyr Yogurt: If we’re in a rush in the morning there is nothing like great yogurt to tide us over until lunch. Over the years we have fallen in love with rich, creamy Icelandic yogurt. The best Icelandic yogurt we’ve tasted hands-down is from Painterland Sisters. Four things we love about Painterland Sisters are their yogurt is family-owned, women-owned, pasture-raised, and organic. Plus their yogurt is naturally sweetened which we not only love but appreciate. Painterland Sisters' flavors are blueberry lemon, strawberry, vanilla bean, plain, and meadow berry. One more thing: we are super excited that we can now get Painterland Sisters yogurt from our local Sprouts grocery store. Yay and yum! Buy Painterland Sisters yogurt.
When you are entertaining for the holiday season it is so important to also remember those who don’t drink. This means not mixing up non-alcoholic overly sweetened punches and simply serving sodas and boring sparkling water. As a host, you want to go out of your way to make them feel seen and provide non-alcoholic drinks that taste grown up.
- NOPE Beverages: We tried NOPE non-alcoholic canned craft drinks. There are four delightful flavors: strawberry basil smash, rosemary vanilla lemonade, raspberry lime ginger beer, and mango margarita with jalapeno. The flavors are bold and intense and you can taste every single flavor in each can. When they say there is ginger in the ginger beer you can taste it. None of the flavors are muted or watered down. Your guests will love these flavors and that you also thought about those who don’t drink or are designated drivers.
- Joyus Non-Alcoholic Wines: We tried Joyus’ rosé and absolutely went head over heels for it! Their rosé tastes light, crisp, fruity, and delicious. With Joyous, you get the classic rosé taste without the classic rosé buzz. Joyus also has other wines including a cabernet sauvignon, and a sparkling rosé and sparkling white. These non-alcoholic wines will be the hit of the party for those who either cannot or choose not to indulge this holiday season or for your New Year's celebrations. Joyus offers a quad pack from their site. Buy Joyus wines.
You need to be a member of Mom Bloggers Club to add comments!
Join Mom Bloggers Club