The end of the year is quickly approaching which means there are going to be a lot of campaigns flowing in and through the mom blogging community especially as the holidays gear up. That’s all to say: Brace yourself! The final months of the year are going to be interesting!
As a mom blogger you know that this is the perfect time to start thinking about the future of your blog. It will be tempting to pounce on every opportunity that comes your way, but remember to slow down and think about your blog, your readers, and the big picture.
Here are a few tenets to remember as the year winds down:
- If a brand approaches you with an out-of-this-world opportunity, but it doesn’t fit your blog, say no. It really is easier than you think.
- If you get more product pitches than you know what to do with, review only those products that benefit you, your readership, and will keep your editorial tone consistent.
- If you see a ton of your mom friends working with a brand and that brand doesn’t approach you, don’t worry about it! Opportunities will abound this year and many will certainly come your way.
- If you get overwhelmed this season, think about partnering with bloggers you respect on holiday or seasonal blogging projects. You never know, it may spin into something bigger in the new year.
- If you find a lot of companies are coming to you to run their "guest post" with links ask why they won’t advertise with you instead.
- If you find yourself getting too much stuff, be sure to give a little, too. There will be many charities that desperately need your help.
- If you feel yourself getting overwhelmed, take a break and regroup.
The end of the year is the time to strive for excellence on your blog because it will set the tone for 2016. Err on the side of not doing too much more during these prime months and focus your efforts on writing exceptional content and forging quality brand partnerships.