This Winter has been more rainy days than snowy ones and that means we can't fire up the smoker which means we haven't had Hubby's smoked ribs in months.
I was craving ribs and decided to break out the Instant Pot. Winning Hubby over on the idea of a slab of ribs in 30 minutes took some swaying. He believes the only way to grill is low and slow and outdoors in our big smoker. I figured it was worth a go thinking if all else failed I could finish the up in the oven. I'd seen recipes for Instant Pot BBQ Ribs where you could cook a slab in 30 minutes and I was up to the challenge.
I love my crock pots, but I LOVE my Instant Pot. It is my current cooking appliance crush.
Start with 1 rack of baby back ribs, some dry rub, a cup of water or apple juice and your favorite barbecue sauce.
1. Remove the membrane from the ribs and pat the ribs dry.
2. Season both sides of the slab with dry rub
3. Place steam rack in the Instant Pot
4. Place ribs in Instant Pot
5. Pour one cup of water or apple juice into Instant Pot
6. Close lid, press the Meat/Stew button and set on Manual at High Pressure for 30 minutes
7. Wait for cycle to complete and allow natural release cycle
8. Remove ribs from Instant Pot and brush with your favorite barbecue sauce. I brushed with sauce and placed in broiler for 5 minutes or so to let the sauce sink in.
The ribs turned out so tender and tasty and best of all, Hubby approved.
Do you have an Instant Pot? If so, what are some of your favorite recipes? If not, have you thought about getting one?