Anti-aging products are some of the most sought after items within the skin care industry. The idea that we can obtain the Fountain of Youth in a bottle seems both a fantasy and reality, as more and more products are actually delivering on their promises to promote radiant, youthful looking skin.
Aside from a fancy product, there are a variety of ways in which you can promote younger skin and turn the lock around by a few simple tricks of the trade. Though we see beauty as a never-ending endeavor, true beauty comes from the inside out.
What Causes Aging?
Aging is as inevitable and natural as time itself. There are various things that contribute to its progression. Though there is nothing we can essentially do to stop the process of aging altogether, there are numerous ways to slow it down.
Some of the most potent facts that contribute to aging is Heredity, diet, lifestyle, stress and other habits can wreak havoc on your skin. As the natural aging process sets forth, natural changes within the body occur, such as:
- Susceptibility to bruising
Because changes within the skin as we age are so abundant, the loss of moisture and depleted fat on the body, we look less youthful and more aged. Other facts that can speed up the process of aging includes:
- Tanning- The #1 cause of premature aging is from UVA/UVB rays, which rapidly damages the skin.
- Sleep and facial movements – Our facial expressions can cause wrinkling over time, in the form of laugh or expression lines. Sleeping face down can also cause promote within the skin.
- Smoking – Causes more wrinkles than with non-smokers due to the toxins contained in cigarettes that damage skin cells.
- Climate- Dry weather, especially during winter can cause a depletion in moisture due to less humidity.
How To Slow Down Aging
The aging process is inevitable but there are benefits to living a well-lived life that will slow down the process before its time and will regenerate healthy cells.
Creating preventative habits is the best way to ensure that you age gracefully or slow down aging. Treating your body, inside and out is an optimal best skin care regimen for aging. Though many creams and lotions can promise youth in a bottle, it’s also important to maintain a healthy diet, as well as creating other regimens that will maintain your youth.
- Drink More Water – Hydrating inside and out is one of the best ways to maintain vitality and add moisture from the inside and out. Water helps keeps the skin and hair lubricated and vibrant.
- Sleep On Your Back- While your favorite sleeping position might hit the spot, it could be causing unnecessary wrinkles. Sleep on your back to keep your skin tight and to prevent creasing that is otherwise caused by sleeping on your face.
- Eat Healthy- Eating healthy is one of the best ways to maintain proper nourishment for your body. Essentials, such as omega-3’s are not only great for the brain but also reduces inflammation on the skin.
- Exercise – Getting outdoors or hitting the gym helps to maintain proper weight control as well as oxygenize your body, which helps you maintain a healthy glow and to stave and overall well-being.
- Protect Yourself – It is important to guard yourself against the harmful effects of the sun. While the sun brings us vital nutrients, such as vitamin D, which actually assists with bone development, too much sun can cause irreversible sun damage.
- Avoid Alcohols And Cigarettes- Alcohol causes dehydration and accelerates the aging process by promoting inflammation, bloat, broken capillaries and dry skin and hair. Same and basically be said for cigarettes, which can give the skin a dull, ashen appearance.
- Labels Are Important- It’s important to know what’s going into your skin care products. While many brands promise to give you glowing, smooth skin, the ingredient list says otherwise. Products rich in antioxidants, such as green tea extracts and natural derivatives. Retinols and retinoids are also apremier ingredients for banishing aging skin.
Fighting against aging goes beyond what’s goes on externally. What you put into your body also matters as much what goes on your skin. Create a simple a regimen of wellbeing and products that work to promote nourished, illuminated skin now and beyond.