We all love to come together with family and friends on the Fourth of July to celebrate the nation's Independence Day. Most of the time everyone has the grilled fired up with hotdogs, hamburgers, and veggies, the sides are always spread out en masse on picnic tables, along with sodas and fun adult drinks. In the excitement of the festivities, sometimes we simply forget the sweets. From cakes and brownies decorated in festive July 4th colors to apple pie, no one should forget dessert!
Below are some sweet treat ideas courtesy of popcorn.org you're sure to love and they don't have the usual calories of the aforementioned sugar goodies.
Homerun Sugar Corn
Yield: 8 cups
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for popping
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan until hot.
- Add popcorn and sprinkle all of the sugar over it.
- Cover and shake continuously until popped.
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 6 cups spoon-size shredded wheat
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Melt peanut butter and butter in a large microwaveable bowl over HIGH heat for 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows and heat another minute or until marshmallows puff; stir.
- Add popcorn, shredded wheat, peanuts, and raisins; stir gently.
- Place paper liners into two 12-cup muffin pans.
- Divide mixture into 24 cups.
- Bake at 250' for 10 minutes.
- Store "cups" in an airtight container.
You need to be a member of Mom Bloggers Club to add comments!
Join Mom Bloggers Club