My mom made these last week. She kept telling me how good they were and that they vanished in her house within two days! When my mom made these, she peeled the lemons using a vegetable peeler and threw the zest into a food processor to have it chopped fine. For me, I used my microplane, as the kids were asleep and the house was quiet. However, I think that when I do make these again with the girls awake, I may try her trick! Thanks Mom!!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a non stick 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on a piece of parchment paper. Reserve.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix just until combined.
5. Funnel in the dry ingredients using the parchment paper, and beat at medium speed until creamy.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20-24 minutes. Try not to over bake. The edges will turn lightly golden brown. A toothpick should have moist crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
5. While cooling, prepare the glaze and then spread over the brownies. Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!
These look delicious. I love lemon.
You need to be a member of Mom Bloggers Club to add comments!
Join Mom Bloggers Club