Content is key to your entire blog. It’s the foundation. If there is no content then your blog is really useless, right? It’s just sitting there, honestly. You have to bust your writing chops to be taken seriously in the blogging world. Your writing is what will set you apart and will put you in high demand. So, make sure you work on high quality posts with as much fervor and gusto as you can. Even if you are writing a product review or sponsored post, make sure you give it your all! After all, people come to your blog to read fresh, new stories, recommendations, advice, and news, not the same boring content that has been sitting there for two weeks. We all have writing lapses. The key is to make them as minimal as possible.
Here is what you have to remember.
- If you don’t have consistent content you won’t have consistent readership.
- If you don’t have consistent readership you’ll end up starting to write over again and again on your blog until it has reached a level of engaged readers that you’re happy with. Don't fall into the trap of the tedious stopping and starting. Start and then keep writing.
- If you don’t have consistent readership you also won’t be able to monetize your blog the way in which you wish. That is, of course, if you want to monetize your blog. You’ll be passed over for paid brand ambassador programs or great ad campaigns. You won’t have the numbers to push you over the hump to earn money from your efforts. Remember this if earning money is your goal.
- If you don’t have consistent readership you won’t have the experience or expertise to speak at conferences either. There is a correlation there.
- If you haven’t honed your voice and gained a following you won’t realize your full potential in this blogging world. Blogging consistency along with stellar content unlocks opportunities you wouldn’t have had otherwise.
Every top blogger you have ever read has a consistent voice and it doesn’t wane. Remember that during those moments when you just don’t feel like banging out another post. We’ll be sure to remember it, too.